giovedì, giugno 15, 2006

The Bird Flu -- oh no!

We know (as in, we are acquainted with) our chickens! They are Italian and safe.

This cracked me up when I saw it in a restaurant the other day, so I had to take a picture, because I think it's so funny. Now I can't go back there because the managers saw me taking the picture and then looked at me wierdly... At any rate, I will discuss the bird flu as seen by the Italians.
The general consensus is that, like in America, chickens are gross because of the factories they are grown in. However, it doesn't really matter because Italian chickens still taste better than the American ones.
Further, there are many Italians who think that the bird flu is one big joke invented by one George W. Bush so that he and his cronies can get even more rich, since they all have stock in the bird flu vaccine company. At the time that all of the bird flu hype began, it was during the Berlusconi government, which is "best friends" with one George W. Bush to begin with. So, birds are no threat anyway. Finally, cooked birds are very safe to eat and can not transmit bird flu.
Above all, and regardless of the politics, the fact remains that Italians are aquainted with their chickens, and that is what is important.