lunedì, giugno 12, 2006

Sì, due o tre etti...

So today I went to the grocery store across the Ponte Sisto where I always go to get some cold cuts and fresh bread for lunch, which as I've posted before, does not normally cost me a lot. Today, I got to the grocery store and saw that the coppa I usually buy is 50% off this week until the 16th because it's nearing it's expiration date! Normally I'd think this is kind of gross, but it still tastes good and I'm not complaining. So this week it only costs €0.75!
Since I was saving all this money on meat, I thought I'd get some cheese to go along with everything. They had scamorza, but me, not being one for just scamorza when I could get something bigger and better, decided on some cacciacavallo instead! I asked for two or three etti, which I thought would be next to nothing, because it usually is, and meanwhile he gives me a huge piece and it cost more than the whole rest of the lunch combined!
I give up on the metric system.