venerdì, giugno 09, 2006

More Assorted Comments

  1. I think this sore throat is related mostly to temperature change -- last year this time as I was traipsing over Tatry, I was later being fed mint tea with honey. As a result, it must have something to do with change in climate. The only annoying thing is that everyone is running around in tank tops and I still want to have a jacket on even though the weather is most conducive to tank tops.
  2. I'm getting softer after all of my time in Rome. I want to help the tourists, not hinder them. It's a strange thing, but it's also kind of nice to be asked for directions and then to be able to give them very accurately.
  3. On my way to JCU today, I was suprised to see Fr. Jack on the street -- it was great to see him for a bit. Amazing to see people on the street elsewhere in the world, especially here where we both feel so at home.
  4. Today as I was eating my lunch, I was watching some people preparing for a wedding. There were some people around my age involved, and I think that their attempts to be fashionable will be an embarrassment when people look back at the wedding pictures in 20 years. The fashionable male haircut is short on top and long in the back, which is decidedly not cool and very 80s, and one of the summer problems for females is the ease with which it is possible to look trashy while also accomodating oneself for the heat. We must guard against this, lest (as my mom would say) we "wallow with the shallow."