lunedì, giugno 05, 2006

Baccalà that words can not describe

There are many things extant that are proof that God exists and wants us to be happy -- this most certainly is one of them. At this little point between Ponte Sisto and the Campo dei'Fiori, there's this place that says above the door only Filetti di Baccalà. For only €3.50, you get this massive piece of fresh, fresh, fresh baccalà that is amazingly incredibly fantastic -- just the right amount of saltiness, a perfect batter.... ahhhhh. Wow. Wow. I seriously can't express how fantastic it was.
When I got there, I said to the guys up front that I'd like one of these famous filetti (because it's like an open secret to the real Romans that this place exists) and they told me to go straight back to the kitchen and ask. And so I did, and I received, into my hands, this glorious piece of fish, wrapped in paper old-school style.
Brilliant. Brilliant.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonimo said...

buon appetito,'fanciulla'!
papa`

06 giugno, 2006 02:17  

Posta un commento

<< Home