giovedì, giugno 08, 2006

Assorted Comments

  1. I barely slept last night, because I'm having a cold where my throat hurts and so do my sinuses, but with minimal mucus. As a result of this, I had a very vivid dream last night where I was dreaming about this fictional painting that I was supposed to be studying. It was like Twilight Zone + The Da Vinci Code + my normal life, except also that this painting was in a church and I was sleeping beneath it. Also, this dream was without the hallucinogenic effects of Nyquil. I woke up, had some fair trade black tea + lots of fair trade honey, and then watched some tv this morning.
  2. On tv this morning, I watched an original Star Trek episode, where Kirk et. al. encounter Apollo. Fascinating. Basically, Kirk is like, we can't give offerings to you, humanity is too advanced. Apollo freaks out and tries to shoot lightning bolts into them, while also taking one of the lieutenants as his consort. However, she rejects him at Kirk's behest and then Apollo freaks out some more and joins the rest of the gods. At the end, Kirk feels bad, so he says to Checkhov, Scotty et. al., "would it have been that difficult to gather a few laurel branches?" Le sigh.
  3. Also on tv this morning was the fantastic contemporary Italian film Come Te Nessuno Mai. Great movie, I happen to have it and I really like it. I caught like the last half hour or 45 minutes of it.
  4. Generally, I blame the weather on everything, including my less that 100% status. It's sunny, but still kind of cool and windy, and a sweater is too hot, but my neck still needs a scarf. Eh.
  5. Later on this evening I have two more things to post, one being photos from the brand-new Ara Pacis! I went there yesterday, it was great. Much polemic and most people really don't like the building, but it was great. I wanted to post these things last night, but Blogger was down for some reason so I couldn't.